How To Take Help From IRS Audit Expert 2021
Every business is now preparing for taxes and tax returns. You may do all the paperwork by yourself, online or manually, or hire a professional tax audit expert from audit services in Texas. But, sometimes the IRS intentionally or randomly may choose an IRS Audit Expert to check the tax returns you filed.
So what to do in such a condition?
If you are the chosen one then the best thing to do is hire a professional Tax Audit Experts in Dallas, TX, to help you go through the initial documents to see if everything is in place and in case of any ambiguity how you can resolve it. But remember, do not hurry in the process. You must fulfill all the requirements and assist the IRS audit expert in order to avoid any penalty charges (big time). You can easily get assistance to help you with the tax audit.
About the IRS Audits
In case a company’s tax return is audited by the IRS, all the income, deductions, and credits will be included in the IRS audits.
The IRS Audits are carefully drafted. They select returns that consist of errors or are prepared on complex criteria. Usually, the time slot for an IRS audit is three years after you file for a return. Most tax audits begin within the same year and are finished in more than a year.
There are three ways the IRS examines returns:
- via mail (correspondence audit)
- at an IRS branch (office or desk audit)
- personally, in your house or place of business (field audit)
When something on your return is out of the ordinary, it can trigger a response from the IRS in the form of an audit. An IRS audit can happen;
- If some red flags are detected due to a computer program flagging abnormalities in your return,
- If you report abnormally high/low income,
- If you claimed a deduction that is frequently misused or has errors in it.
A tax audit is a stressful procedure. But there are steps you can take, like hiring an audit expert, to minimize the pressure and ensure everything goes smoothly.
How are IRS Audit Experts Helpful?
The professional IRS expert helps small businesses to navigate through the IRS audit and communicate with government professionals.
For instance, you can make an appointment with My Count Solutions to discuss the IRS audit strategy with an IRS audit expert appointed by the service provider.
The role of the audit expert hired by the tax consultancy is to ensure to prepare the client is for the audit.
Some of the essential items required for the appointment include;
- Copy of IRS audit letter and the FORMS 4564 attached with it.
- The required information/document requested by the IRS.
- Tax return copy.
- Return copies of the past 2 years before the return.
- a copy of the tax return from the most current year, if one is not being audited.
- a duplicate of any paperwork you gave your tax preparer
- Document copies (if any) are asked by the auditors.
- Document showing any prior audits (if any).
- Copy of IRS letter for the tax year in question.
Providing the right information means that the process to ensure an audit in a safe way can begin.
Company’s Rights During the IRS Audit Process
You must be able to smoothly manage the audit process. So how does the process begin?
Mail notification is sent to the audited company. This is the first contact made by the IRS. The sent letter contains all the details and steps you need to take alongside the deadline.
Once the mail is replied to, three outcomes are to be expected;
- The IRS accepts your explanation and supporting documents. No alterations are made to the documents.
- The IRS proposes certain changes. You need to sign a file to agree to the suggested changes.
- Challenge the evaluation and suggested changes made by the IRS.
Note: In the third case scenario, it is highly recommended to contact an IRS manager to resolve the issue.
Rights Issued by IRS to Taxpayers
At the time of notification, taxpayers are also provided a set of rights they are entitled to. This includes;
- To be courteous and professional towards the agency’s employees.
- Privy to confidentiality and privacy about tax issues.
- Legal representation rights are authorized.
- Right to learn the reason behind requested information and in case of non-compliance.
IRS Audit Expert Help
Receiving the mail notification from the IRS Expert can be intimidating for some, but remember it is about the possible errors you made in tax return files. You can obtain professional assistance from My Counts Solution easily.
But you still need to decide whether you want help from us, an IRS Audit help or if you still want to do it all on your own.
Tax Audit Experts
If you want you can look into My Counts Solution to help prepare your taxes in advance. Or even help you prepare the tax audits when required with IRS Experts. Being one of the best Audit Services in Texas, you can count on our tax consultants for professional help and a detailed report about the dos and don’ts when filling out the form and so on.
One of the tax audit experts will review your IRS notice. After reviewing he will give you a brief about the available slots you can use to resolve it. If needed My Count Solutions can also handle the tax audit paperwork too and deliver professional assistance.
IRS Audit Representation
In case you are charged with a severe crime or a heavy fine then the IRS will indicate the nature of the error in your tax returns.
It’s best to hire a professional tax consultant or a qualified tax lawyer in case you have to deal with tax evasion or fraud issues. With the help of a tax professional, you might be able to negotiate the situation and communicate the right way with the IRS Audit Expert. The tax professional you hired will negotiate on your behalf.
In case you are not so worried about the IRS notice then you can utilize the online tools and the self-help tools. You will need to conduct thorough research and find detailed IRS guides and articles that contain information about the tax problems too. Go through the files so that you might be able to find the answers you are looking for.
You may be able to provide the verification for accurate documents without needing to hire the help of a professional tax expert.
How to Address an IRS Audit Professionally?
Recognize the extent of the tax audit.
- A few of the items on the audit letter you received from the IRS may be subject to mail audits.
- Field and office audit demand greater effort. You must gather the data/documents the IRS is demanding and get ready to respond to detailed inquiries about your spending and other actions.
- It is strongly advised that you hire a licensed tax expert (enrolled agent, CPA, or attorney) to represent you and argue your tax return positions before the IRS in office and field audits unless you are well-versed in IRS procedures.
Get ready to respond to IRS inquiries.
- Prepare a thorough response to all the points raised by the IRS in the letter or document you received in case of a mail audit.
- Prepare for the meeting with the IRS officer or agent for office and field audits. assemble all the data the IRS has asked for and get ready to give it to them. Prepare for any questions from the IRS, such as those about unexplained bank deposits or additional income. Along with your employment, family, and any outside enterprises, the IRS agent will inquire about them. In essence, you must be ready to recount your full year’s worth of activities.
- You might need to reconstruct it using information from third parties or other records if you don’t have documentation to support any of the things on your return. You can employ strategies like an affidavit if a third party can verify an undocumented item.
Promote your tax return positions while promptly responding to IRS inquiries for information or documentation.
- The IRS will start probing further if it believes your return needs to be adjusted. An information document request will be sent to you, and you must fully answer by the specified timeframe.
- The IRS can disagree with you, claiming that you should have declared more income on your return or that you took a deduction that wasn’t permitted. If you disagree, explain to the IRS how you understand the circumstances and the tax code.
- At the end of the tax audit, the IRS will either propose no modifications or revisions to your return. You will receive a letter giving you 30 days to appeal the IRS’s findings along with a report detailing their findings (called the 30-day letter).
Make an appeal to the proper authority if you disagree with the results.
- You can submit an appeal request to the IRS Office of Appeals within 30 days. The IRS will send you a letter known as a Statutory Notice of Deficiency after 30 days. This letter ends the tax audit and grants you permission to file a petition with the US Tax Court.
- Keep in mind that the letter requesting modifications also functions as a 30-day letter when conducting mail audits. Taxpayers frequently disregard this letter, losing their chance to challenge the audit results before the IRS.
How My Count Solutions Can Help You?
We help clients to prepare their taxes and file returns by appointing excellent tax consultants. The professionals have just the right expertise and can help you throughout the tax filings. Complete guidance and discussion are delivered to the clients as per requirement. You can contact us for further details.